Fast, Low-Cost Document Scanning
You may be part of a small firm with a handful of attorneys or a larger firm with specialists, but one fact remains: vast amounts of paper documents can be generated for any one client. Even the litigation process itself can easily create mountains of paper. In the past, firms would be required to store much of this information off site because of the lack of storage space in the office, but times have changed. A document management solution lets you easily capture these documents along with providing the tools needed to retrieve and manage them.
DocQTek will catalog these documents giving you fast access through a robust, browser-based search engine while keeping them completely secure. Manage the documents as if they’re still in hard-copy form with collaboration from paralegals and legal assistants, and eliminate having to make numerous copies by viewing the same document on several computers at once. Produce more and higher-quality results in less time and establish better client relationships through prompt and effective communication. Do it all from the convenience of your web browser!
- Affidavits, Answers, Certifications, Complaints, Contracts, Declarations, Depositions, Injunctions
- Judgments, Leases, Liens, Motions, Notices, Orders, Petitions, Rescissions
- Releases, Subpoenas, Summons, Promissory Notes, Trusts, Wills
- Antitrust, Civil Law, Constitutional Law, Consumer Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense, Divorce
- Environmental Law, Family Law, Intellectual Property, International Law, Labor Law, Litigation, Medical Malpractice
- Military Law, Patent Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate, State and Local Government, Tax Law, Telecommunications, Trusts and Estates
- Accounting Records, Correspondence, Cash Forecasts, Employment Contracts, Health and Safety
- Payroll, Schedules of Payables, Time Sheets, Unbilled Work Records
I will Principal for a Day @ Lake Arbor Elementary on Thursday, April 7, 2011
Do you know that paperless office runs at higher profit margins than comparable paper-based offices?
Let your competitors’ waste time manually entering information while you make your business grow.
Let your competitors’ waste time searching for a document while you close your deals.
Start using our documents scanning solutions today!
Prevent dust and dirt build – up which can kill your computer! Keep your hard disk clean, includes Scandisk, Defrag & cleanup of temp files.
Thousands of international government agencies, big business houses, non-profit organizations, professionals and individuals have switched to using the indexing system via their computers to manage an efficient paper filing system for their documents.
If your main work computer crashed –… I mean really crashed, and was a total loss, hard drive and all – how long would it take you to get back to doing business?
Would it be so long that it would cripple your income stream (and possibly cost you your best clients), or would it be a momentary blip that you easily recover from?
Step #1: Replacing The Computer ASAP
- Ensure you have the purchasing power on hand right now
- Ensure you know exactly what you need to replace what you have.
- Keep a running file of computer deal
Step #2: Setting Up All Your Software / Configuring Your Settings
- Keep all your CDs/DVDs in one place.
- Back up every software installer you download.
- Make a running list of all the tweaks you make to your system.
Step # 3. Getting Your Data Back On The Machine
- Make sure all your data is backed up in one place
- Keep project-critical stuff separated from archive data.
DocQtek can help. Just call us at 800-790-5340
If you still have manual and paper processes, it probably would. It might be your manual service tickets, your 3-ply invoices, or the mountain of paperwork that arrives on your desk from clients, which you have to sift through, sort, and file every day.
If you’re honest, you probably don’t have to think too hard to find at least one process in your company that is a giant frustrating paper trail, far from the well-oiled machine you’d like it to be.
If you can’t stand the thought of this kind of chaos, you may want to consider document management. Simply put, a document management system is software and hardware installed on your network that can streamline business processes while drastically reducing the amount of paper you use.
A document management system saves you money, helps your business run more smoothly, and gives you a sense of pride that everything is running as efficiently as it should be.
Most document management systems also have a document imaging component, which is the term used to describe the way your current paper documents and files become electronic. Typically, your files are scanned in with a multi-function copier/scanner, and the document management software then helps you label and organize that file.
How do you know if a document management system is right for you? Ask yourself the following questions to find out.
- Do you have at least one employee who files or retrieves documents? Let’s say it takes 6 minutes for a $20/hour employee to physically get a file, review what they need, and return it to the file cabinet. If they do this just 3 times a day, it’s taking 18 hours and costing you over $1,500 every year. Multiply this by 10 employees and you’ve got a $15,000 problem. With document management, getting those same files is basically instantaneous, making a big impact on productivity savings.
- Do you use more than one file cabinet? According to Coopers & Lybrand, the average cost to fill and maintain a single 4-drawer file cabinet is over $6,200 per year (including average cost of floor space). If you’ve run out of space in your own office and now rent storage space elsewhere, your costs are even higher. Document management eliminates the need for these.
- In your industry, are there any regulatory compliance issues in regards to storing client information? The medical field has HIPPA, the financial world has Sarbanes-Oxley, and other professionals such as attorneys have an ethical obligation to protect private information. Many other business types have to be compliant with other regulations like the Patriot Act in terms of securing their information. Because of the encryption included, document management provides the security needed to comply with almost any of these regulations.
- If your paper files were stolen, are you worried about the damage it would cause your business? Would those records be gone forever? It’s a lot easier for someone to walk into your office and swipe a file than it is for someone to hack into document management software, de-code the encryption, and do so without being traced. If your documents and files are stored electronically, and you have a proper backup and disaster recovery plan, your information stays safe, no matter what happens.
- Do you have employees that work remotely or have multiple locations? With the right document management system, files and electronic records of any kind are easily accessible from anywhere. Plus multiple people can view the same file at the same time, something nearly impossible with a physical file.
- Have you ever spent more than a couple of minutes searching for a document on your server? Probably one of the most frustrating events in any work day is combing through the endless files on your server to search for the document you need. After a few minutes of futile effort to find what you need, your frustration turns to anger and you either turn into a raving lunatic, recruiting others to now join the search party for the blasted file that you KNOW is there, or you give up altogether – neither of which is very good for productivity. Document management ends this problem by giving you an easily searchable, organized place to store your files.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then a document management system may be just what you’re looking for.
See for yourself – call our document management specialists toll free at 800-790-5340 or email JSilver@DocQtek.com for more information – and a quick demonstration via the Internet – today!
What will these businesses do? What plans does your business have in place in the event of such a disaster?
Let’s start off with paper-free/document management as a cleansing way to kick off 2011.
Do you ever spent too long of your time hunting through stacks of paper for an invoice or searching through paper files, you may have wished for a paperless office. If so, you wouldn’t be alone.
DocQtek can help you organize your computer filing system and show you how to get some of your time back. Call us at 1-800-790-5350 to find out how.